Medical Billing Administrative Specialist Degree
At Ross Online, our programs are characterized by a depth, breadth, and quality that has set our graduates apart for years. Choose a program to find out more!
Medical Billing Administrative Specialist Associate of Applied Science Degree Details
The Medical Billing Administrative Specialist Associate of Applied Science degree program engages students in learning activities with the desired results being the development for successful entry-level performance in the profession utilizing such practical skills and underpinning knowledge as:
- Basic human anatomy and physiology, disease processes, associated pharmacotherapy and medical terminology
- Administrative office skills that include fashioning and management of electronic medical records, word processing and computer skills to best utilize current medical office automation /software related to client data management and insurance billing filing and reimbursement procedures; and, other routine medical office procedures.
- Interpersonal and customer service skills that are consist with superior oral and written communication and professional and effective interaction with healthcare team members and clientele
- Financial recordkeeping skills that include accounts receivable and payable as well as preparing a payroll.
- Accurate completion of medical insurance claim forms including evaluating and determining the most appropriate and required coding for maximum reimbursement
- Ability and desire for advancement in the profession through a dedication to life-long learning
- Appreciation for studies of the arts, sciences and humanities for development of a more learned professional as manifest in communication and behavior
- Critical thinking applied to approach in performing all duties and responsibilities of their role.