Human, Social, and Health Services Degree
At Ross Online, our programs are characterized by a depth, breadth, and quality that has set our graduates apart for years. Choose a program to find out more!
Human, Social, and Health Services Associate of Applied Science Degree Details
The total program length of the Human, Social, and Health Services Associate of Applied Science Degree is 75 weeks, excluding holidays. During the Human, Social, and Health Services Associate of Applied Science degree program, students will be taught:
- An overview of the community health services offered by state and local government agencies
- The importance of educating patients and co-workers on the essentials of workplace safety
- A foundational knowledge of health assessment in medical practices servicing the general public
- Best practices for supervision and management of community health care settings
- Fundamental knowledge of computer hardware and software utilized in a medical or public services environment
- Foundational knowledge of childhood health, safety, and nutrition and a basic understanding of the juvenile justice system
- The challenges of adulthood and how to assist those in need through knowledge of lifespan development, adult health care, personal finance, and death and grieving
- Basic understanding of the psychology of human behavior as it relates to services provided in community health care services such as substance abuse, victims of violent crimes, and domestic abuse
- Appreciation for studies of the arts, sciences and humanities for development of a more learned professional as manifest in communication and behavior
- Critical thinking applied to approach in performing all duties and responsibilities of their role
Upon completion of the program, the student should be prepared to seek employment work in such healthcare settings as community health providers, hospitals, small and large multi-physician practices, outpatient care centers, managed care organizations, state and local community, public and home health agencies work in positions such as: Office Manager, Health and Social Service Coordinator or Administrator, Health Services Program Manager, Case Manager, Patient Representative, Patient Advocate, Admissions Coordinator or Administrator, Patient Access Specialist, and Service Coordinator.
The Human, Social, and Health Services Associate of Applied Science degree program is delivery in its entirety online (through distance education). Residential delivery is not offered.