The Medical Billing Administrative Specialist Associate of Applied Science degree program engages students in learning activities with the desired results being the development for successful entry-level performance in the profession utilizing such practical skills and underpinning knowledge as:
- Basic human anatomy and physiology, disease processes, associated pharmacotherapy and medical terminology
- Administrative office skills that include fashioning and management of electronic medical records, word processing and computer skills to best utilize current medical office automation /software related to client data management and insurance billing filing and reimbursement procedures; and, other routine medical office procedures.
- Interpersonal and customer service skills that are consist with superior oral and written communication and professional and effective interaction with healthcare team members and clientele
- Financial recordkeeping skills that include accounts receivable and payable as well as preparing a payroll.
- Accurate completion of medical insurance claim forms including evaluating and determining the most appropriate and required coding for maximum reimbursement
- Ability and desire for advancement in the profession through a dedication to life-long learning
- Appreciation for studies of the arts, sciences and humanities for development of a more learned professional as manifest in communication and behavior
- Critical thinking applied to approach in performing all duties and responsibilities of their role.